Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

Mary Mary quite contrary,

How does your garden grow?

With silver bells and cockle shells

And pretty maids all in a row.






Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday Chores

Well today was the official day to clean up the patio garden. 

Out with the old, and cleaning up for the new!

It took me a while, but I cleaned most of it up. Dumping the old soil from most of the pots and saving it in a black garbage bag with some compost should provide a good mix with the new soil next year.  Some pots I left with the soil in and will decide if I will reuse it next season.

Patio Garden Summer 2012
Fall 2012 Clean-up

Patio Garden Summer 2012


Fall 2012 Clean-up

Pots lined up near house, ready for the 2013 Planting Season to begin

Ready to go for Planting 2012
When I was outside cleaning up the patio, I noticed the color and size of my Mums was especially lucious this year...the above picture (at the far end of the pots) doesn't do them justice so I took a close up below....

Purple Mums 2012
The plant boxes on the front porch still look nice from Summer, as well as the small mums that I recently planted behind them.

Front Door Summer pots & Fall pots behind

No comments:

Post a Comment